Rebonding hair” style and step’s”
Every woman desires beautiful hair and rebonding can give life to that desire. Rebonding is a hair treatment that can change the way youlook and feel. Before you fix an appointment for rebonding with your stylist, find out as much as you can, about it. Being prepared for the process can help you get yourself the best service and care for your hair.
Rebonding is a chemical hair treatment that makes your hair straight, sleek and shiny. It is a permanent and expensive procedure. Prices for the treatment may vary across salons due to products used, service, your hair type and post treatment care.Each type of hair has a natural bond.Curly or wavy, are the result of natural bonds that give the hair its physical quality. The cream softener or relaxant used in the rebonding treatment breaks the hair structure. Then a neutraliser bonds the structure again and makes hair straight. In simpler terms the rebonding treatment changes your natural hair structure and restructures it.
The Process of Rebonding
1. Hair is washed with a mild shampoo. No conditioner is applied. Hair is dried completely with a blow dryer keeping it on the medium level.
2. Hair is separated into parts. The cream softener or relaxant is applied to every hair shaft, keeping it straight. A thin plastic board is used to keep hair straight.
3. Cream softener or relaxant is kept on hair for at least half an hour or depending upon the hair type. Keeping it for too long may even harm hair. After that hair is steamed for 10 to 40 minutes, depending upon hair type and condition, and then rinsed. Hair is blow dried and then keratin lotion is applied.
4. A flat iron is used to straighten hair further and break any remaining curls. The iron should not exceed 180 degrees. A ceramic iron is better than other metal irons. The salon expert will iron your hair until it is satisfactorily straight and shiny.
5.Hair is again parted and a neutraliser is applied to set the bonds and stabilise the hair. The neutraliser is kept for at least 30 minutes.
How to take care of rebonded hair
- Use a shampoo for straight hair
- Use a conditioner every time you wash your hair
- Apply a hair serum after towel drying hair.
- Oil your hair regularly
- Use natural hair masks once a week before washing your hair. You can use aloe vera gel, curd or olive oil with an egg.
- Oil and steam your hair every fifteen days. You can wrap a towel dipped in warm water, around your hair. This will deep condition your hair.
- Consume a balanced diet. Include nuts and sprouts in your diet